Is my mask washable?
How do I wash my mask?
- We recommend washing your masks in the washing machine at 60c to ensure you are killing the germs
- Alternatively, you can wash them thoroughly by hand in hot water. Wet the mask and rub vigorously with soap so you have a lather. We recommend leaving it soaking for 20-30 minutes to ensure it is clean and you have killed all the germs.
- To dry, line-dry or dry on a sanitized surface. We do not recommend machine drying.
- Use your normal clothes washing liquid or soap
- Be careful not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth when removing your mask and wash hands immediately after removing.
How often should I wash my mask?
- There are no hard and fast rules with this. It will depend on how frequently you use it. Once a week should suffice for most people, if you are not coming into close contact with people that are symptomatic.
- You should wash your mask immediately after being in contact with someone who is symptomatic
- It is helpful to have a few masks so you don’t need to keep washing them.
How many times can my mask be washed?
- All our masks can be washed multiple times. We don’t have a maximum limit on their usage.
Can filters be washed?
How often do the mask filters need to be changed?
- This will depend on how often you are using the mask. We would recommend 1-2 times a week, or after about 40-60 hours of wearing it.
Do you have spare filters for sale?
To see our range of face masks click here